Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, Longwater Tai Chi.
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register.
- Lawful basis: Consent
The reason we use this basis: we only process information necessary to establish or maintain membership or support, and to provide or administer activities for people who are members of the organisation or have regular contact with it. The personal data we process is restricted to personal information that is necessary for this exempt purpose.
- We process your information in the following ways:
- Longwater Tai Chi receives contact details for students who have filled in our registration form or via an email or telephone enquiry, and additionally we store your photo if you have allowed us to.
- We use your name / email address / postal address for contacting you regarding updates on events and classes and we also hold your telephone details. We keep details of all your class attendances and amounts you paid, along with any notes for that attendance (e.g. “cannot come next week”). We do not retain details of your bank account if you have used it to transfer funds. We also store a brief description of any health concerns or conditions you have chosen to write on your registration form, so we can better support you whilst you are studying with us.
- All of the above information is only stored on the forms you have filled in and on our computerised student database, which we use for registrations and for contacting you.
- We occasionally collect photos and videos of students taking part in events and classes. Some of these may used online or in print to promote the benefits of learning with Longwater Tai Chi.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here; https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
- * the right to be informed;
- * the right of access;
- * the right to rectification;
- * the right to erasure;
- * the right to restrict processing;
- * the right to data portability;
- * the right to object; and
- * the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Our website uses the Joomla platform to deliver pages to your browser. Joomla only uses a session cookie which is dropped on your arrival at a Joomla site ( contrary to EU Law). It does no tracking and expires when the session ends.
If you login it drops a further cookie to enable the login and allow the use of logged in functions. It cannot be used for tracking either and expires quite quickly unless the session is kept alive.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
External links to other sites
Our website contains links on some pages that will take you to an external website we may have associations with. Affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we only supply such links in order to provide you with a better website experience, based on like-minded topics to those provided by our school.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal date" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through our own database software and are stored offline for our administrative use only.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.