Summer Qigong - Downton
Live and practise qigong in harmony with the seasons. Let the changing energies of nature nourish and guide your mind, body and spirit with their timeless wisdom. For the first time, we will be teaching a series of 'immersion' weekend workshops that span the year and its seasons. Discover and embody ancient practices that were created to naturally resonate with the energies of the Earth through its annual cycle.
Much of Chinese culture and philosophy is based on 5 seasons and their tradition also works with 5 elements. During each of the 5 Seasons of the year, we aim to bring you the best practices to support your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing for that seasonal phase. If you attend all the workshops, you will have learnt 5 beneficial sets of practices to help you integrate your lifestyle with the core energies of nature.
- Learn how to monitor and return your energy to balance, in tune with nature.
- Use ancient natural wisdom to cultivate 'Lifestyle Medicine' - prevention is better than cure.
- Improve your ability to work and interact with others by recognising and understanding seasonal changes in human energy dynamics.
- Release negative and unhelpful emotional, mental and physical tensions and learn to tap in to the boundless, positive energies of nature.
- Recognise, acknowledge and start to address imbalances and core issues within yourself.
- Have fun, on a seasonal basis!
- Find joy, peacefulness, calm, happiness and forgiveness in the Way of the Seasons.
If you cannot make all 5 workshops this year, you will still benefit from what you have learnt, and can always catch-up when we run them again next year.
The benefits of these workshops apply to beginners and seasoned practitioners alike. If you are experienced in one of the exercises we are teaching, you will have the added benefit, with our guidance, of being able to delve more deeply into its components. Each session will also to allow you to integrate the seasonal theme into your daily practice, using whatever Tai Chi or Qigong form or exercise routine you may know - irrespective of its origin.
Welcome Summer with Joyful Opening
In this workshop we focus on:
- Opening our range of movement, extending our study of the kwa squat and the shoulder blades.
- The Qi of Heaven and Earth mingle - connecting the body through Gods Playing in the Clouds Move 4.
- Activating the Upper Burner - using the movement from Opening the Energy Gates Swing 3
- The daily meditation for the summer season - opening the heart centre.
Workshop content is largely dependent on the group dynamic and should only be used as a guide to what we may teach.
Suitable for all, including beginners.
Sat (10am to 4.30pm) / Sun (10am to 1pm). Cost £70 for both days / £35 for the Sat Morning session only.
5 Seasons 'Sink-in Sundays'
On Sunday we offer an in-depth workshop where you can deepen your study, as well as review and practice what we learn on the Saturday - see details. You do not have to attend this session but it is included in the price.
|Event Date||Sat 30th Jun 2018 - 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||Sun 1st Jul 2018 - 1:00 pm|
|Individual Price||£70 / £35 Sat a.m. only|
|Location||Downton, The Dragon House|