Autumn Qigong - Wilton
Live and practise qigong in harmony with the seasons. Let the changing energies of nature nourish and guide your mind, body and spirit with their timeless wisdom. For the first time, we will be teaching a series of 'immersion' weekend workshops that span the year and its seasons. Discover and embody ancient practices that were created to naturally resonate with the energies of the Earth through its annual cycle.
Much of Chinese culture and philosophy is based on 5 seasons and their tradition also works with 5 elements. During each of the 5 Seasons of the year, we aim to bring you the best practices to support your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing for that seasonal phase. If you attend all the workshops, you will have learnt 5 beneficial sets of practices to help you integrate your lifestyle with the core energies of nature.
- Learn how to monitor and return your energy to balance, in tune with nature.
- Use ancient natural wisdom to cultivate 'Lifestyle Medicine' - prevention is better than cure.
- Improve your ability to work and interact with others by recognising and understanding seasonal changes in human energy dynamics.
- Release negative and unhelpful emotional, mental and physical tensions and learn to tap in to the boundless, positive energies of nature.
- Recognise, acknowledge and start to address imbalances and core issues within yourself.
- Have fun, on a seasonal basis!
- Find joy, peacefulness, calm, happiness and forgiveness in the Way of the Seasons.
If you cannot make all 5 workshops this year, you will still benefit from what you have learnt, and can always catch-up when we run them again next year.
The benefits of these workshops apply to beginners and seasoned practitioners alike. If you are experienced in one of the exercises we are teaching, you will have the added benefit, with our guidance, of being able to delve more deeply into its components. Each session will also to allow you to integrate the seasonal theme into your daily practice, using whatever Tai Chi or Qigong form or exercise routine you may know - irrespective of its origin.
In autumn the predominant element is Metal. The two systems in the body that are most strongly activated at this time are the lungs and the large intestine. Both organs have the function of gathering in what is essential and of letting go of what is not needed.
After the growing and lengthening out of summer (the element of Fire), and the centring and integration of late summer (the element of Earth) it is now time to soften and draw our energy back in.
The reason many people fall sick in the autumn is because they do not adapt to the change of season. Now is the time to begin protecting ourselves from the approaching 'pernicious influences': cold, damp and especially the wind. The activities of the summer are over. Rather than spending our energy, it is time to start saving. If we continue to act in the autumn as we did in summer, we can expect to get sick.
Physically, we must prepare for winter and not over exert ourselves. Rather we must breathe, release tension and consolidate what we learned during the spring and summer.
Breathing well and deeply is a very important component to practice at this time of year, to help us make the right decisions for what to keep and what to discard.
In this workshop we will focus on:
- Longevity breathing, keeping the breath as smooth and quiet as possible with no stopping between the in and out breaths.
- Stabilising the lower Tantien with Waving Hands like Clouds.
- Discerning what we want to keep or release, using breath and movement.
- Discharging and clearing unwanted energies with Dragon And Tiger Qigong.
- For more advanced students we will explore Gods Playing in the Clouds Move 3.
- The daily meditation for the Autumn season.
Workshop content is largely dependent on the group dynamic and should only be used as a guide to what we may teach.
Suitable for all, including beginners.
Saturday 10am to 4.30pm. Cost £60 / £50 if you currently attend one of our classes.
A £20 non-refundable deposit is required.
5 Seasons 'Sink-in Sundays'
On Sunday we also aim to offer an additional in-depth workshop where you can refine, develop and wire in the previous day's teachings. They will mainly on practice, drilling, Q&A and 1:1 help.
Sunday times (10am to 1pm). Special price of £20 for 3 hours or £7.50 per hour.
|Event Date||Sat 4th Nov 2017 - 10:00 am|
|Individual Price||Cost £60 / £50 if you currently attend our classes|
|Location||Wilton, Comm Centre|